Five ways to beat Call Reluctance.
Many times we hear the old mantra that, “Once I get started making my daily appointment making calls, I’m okay. It’s getting started that is the challenge. I’ll do anything to keep from picking up that phone for the first call.”
Here are five tips to help us get into the proper frame of mind to start a Call Block.
- I will read a few of our own customer testimonials to remind myself of the value we’ve brought to them and how pleased they are with what we sell. Some of them are written from the heart, so they very motivational. I even used to have a customer I would call when I was struggling to get myself going. He loved our products and to talk about the new things he’d be using them for. He never failed to get me fired up.
- Develop a calling buddy that will take a call when it’s time to start a Call Block. The call can just be one of encouragement or can be a quick role-play to practice the most commonly heard negative responses.
- Do it first and get it out of the way. This approach has another benefit – when we set appointments during our Call Block, it tends to add energy to our day.
- Rewards – sometimes even the best of us need to be ‘bribed’. Rewarding ourselves after completing a task that we don’t want to do can be effective.
- Figure out how much each dial is worth by measuring the number of dials it takes to generate an appointment and then a sale. Each one of those dials, therefore, has a value no matter whether they end in an appointment, a voicemail or a no.
If you’d like more information on the topic of appointment setting, or, if you’re simply interested in why no team of sales professionals has ever failed to at least double the number of Initial Appointments they were setting after going through one of our programs, give us a call or drop us a line. We love talking appointment making!
Caponi Performance Group and Contact Science jointly market the telephone prospecting and cold calling solution called Coldcalling101™. It is the only comprehensive solution to solving the biggest barrier to success in most selling organizations—the inability to secure enough Initial Appointments to begin the selling process. We accomplish that through simultaneously addressing both the efficiency and effectiveness of the process. We can be reached at 817 224-9900 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find answers to many of your challenges in our books: Contrary to Popular Belief, Cold Calling DOES Work! Volume I: Effectiveness, The Art of Appointment Making and Volume II: Efficiency, the Science of Appointment Making.
Share and Enjoy